
Mother's Day is coming up so I thought I would share a little bit about Mom, what I loved and miss about her.
- I loved every morning waking up and calling her-or her me. It was an everyday ritual and I don't think there was a day that went by without talking to her. Even just to see what was going on that day.
- I loved going over to her house the last summer we had her. She would sit outside all day with the kids, just watching them swim or play. It didn't matter what was going on in her life, if the grandkids were coming, it was cancelled. What a Grandma! She loved her grandkids There wasn't a moment that they knew any different, and they loved her.
- I loved it when she laughed. I mean, really laughed-till she could hardly breathe and her eyes were watering. That is when I laughed hard.
- I loved it when she cracked her own little jokes-and then she would get that laugh. Mom had her moments she was a comedian.
- I miss the moments after I had each baby when I didn't know what to do, she was there, no matter where or what time (3:00 in the morning) it was, making me feel better.
- I loved hearing her hum songs to the kids when she held them, trying to put them to sleep for me. Mom had a beautiful voice.
- I loved after I had Tayler, spending the day with her, watching "A SONG THAT NEVER ENDS". I think that was her favorite movie (or at least one of them).
- I loved how she always kept Berek's secret about him calling her every morning at 6:00 am and then saying "Don't tell my mom I called". She told me but threatened if he got in trouble, so would I.
- I loved how she taught me what was important in life. She taught me how to be a good person and mother. I just hope I am just a bit as good as her, then I would consider my children lucky.
- I loved just being around her. She was a great mother. Her children are better because of her.
- I miss going on little trips with her during the day when Jared was at work. We had a fun summer of trips to Logan, UT. They are great memories I will never forget. (especially when we took our thought to be short cuts-right John)
- I just miss her. I don't know anyone who had and did go through as much as my mom did, physically, mentally, and spiritually, and kept going with such faith. She went through so many things and did not complain. She knew Heavenly Father and loved him and lived her life so that everyone around her knew of the great love and faith she had.
It is hard to put into any words how I feel about Mom. There is not a day goes by that I don't miss her. She was a great example not only to her children, but to anyone who knew her. She would do or give anything to anyone. Her heart was gold. For all of us, I know our lives were blessed to have her in them.

4 comments:
Aw, Marianne that was so neat. I am totally crying. I think you described your mom perfectly. I loved too when she would laugh so hard. I am so glad that at least one of our kids got to see her and spend time with her. She was a special lady and the best grandma and mother in law anyone could ask for.
Marianne...A perfect desrcripion of mom. I couldn't have said it better myself!! We were all so fortunate to have her with us for the amount of time that we did.
OK, so I spelled "description" wrong in my earlier comment. I thought I had better acknowledge it before you call me to tell me about it. :)
Oh Marianne, that just made me cry. ((hugs)) Your Mom sounds wonderful. And you are definitley following in her footsteps. I cannot imagine how hard it has to be without her. Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment