Sunday, May 27, 2007

Camping, FINALLY!!







We went camping this last weekend with our buddies, the Amparans. Camping is not camping till you've gone with them. They are so fun. We started out on Friday morning. Tayler, Makenna, Bailey, & I went looking for a spot. How stupid could we be waiting till the last moment. There was nothing available except for their overflow, which is totally getto camping. Luckily the Amparans got a spot Thursday night (they kind of lucked out). Anyway, the first night we were in the getto, but only to sleep. We hung out at Amparans campsite. We toasted mallows, made smores, made fun of each other, you know, all the fun stuff. Then it was off to bed. The people by us would not shut up. We were surrounded by idiots. Tayler kept yelling at them too, which obviously didn't help much. There was not much sleep that night so we decided that if we didn't get a spot the next night we were out of there.
Saturday we woke up and went swimming. The water was freezing!!!! That didn't stop the kids. Around 2:00 pm we found out no spots opened up, so the Amparans snuck us on their spot. Again we toasted the mallows, played some card games, and then everyone played a couple games of capture the flag. It was a fun trip and can't wait to do it again. Thanks Amparans!!

3 comments:

Koch Clan said...

How fun! Rob asked how many families were there and I told him with you and them there were 10 kids!! I am glad you had fun and I can't wait to go boating soon!

Lee said...

Fun!! We can't wait to get out camping!!!

Okie Bloxhams said...

I am sooooo jealous! we haven't had a chance to go camping in forever! i am trying to remember if we went last year.. i was big and pregnant so I don't think we did... Brandon and Shad are doing the father /sons campout this weekend.