Jared wanted so bad for me to go snowboarding this break without the kids. The problem is.....I didn't know how. I have been skiing twice in my life and that was not very pretty. I love the snow but let's just say me and snow sports just didn't mix (unless it was a sled behind a car). Well, I decided to go because he REALLY wanted me to go, it was important to him and I always say that I will at least try some things once, if I don't like it, that will be the end of it. So on Friday morning my friends daughters came over at 6:30 am and off we were to White Pass. Once we were there I panicked a little when I found out you had to ride the lift before you can even go down a hill. AAAAAAHHHHH. Jared is a good, patient teacher. He told me how to sit on the lift (sideways for a snowboard) and that went good, now only the getting off part that was left. I was fully prepared to kiss a pole or fence when I was getting off, but guess what, I did it without a crash or fall. Yeah for me!! (I have to toot my horn on that one, I was even shocked) The first quarter of the way down the hill I wanted to take my board off and smack the next person going by me (I know, road rage except on a ski hill). But much to my surprise it got better, much better. The last 3 quarters went great and so did the next 5 times down the hill. I loved it. I loved going with Jared and trying something he and the kids enjoyed so much. I'm excited to go back and attempt to get better, I do have a ways to go but can't wait for the next time.
Difficult people
10 years ago

4 comments:
You're good at roller skating though marianne LOL!!!!!
You're so brave to try something new like that! Way to go.
Way to go! I want to learn too someday but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future! Impressed you didn't fall at least once. If only we could have been there years ago when Jared and Rob took John skiing!
Go Marianne - I am so proud of you!
Pretty soon you'll be a professional snowboarder! We need to go soon and tear up the ski hill!
Post a Comment