Sunday, December 23, 2007

December 's Nutshell

Newspaper clipping of Makenna at the Salvation Army volunteering
Our 2007 Christmas card picture. This one was chosen because of Bailey's big cheese. She also decided to eat M&M's right before we were taking the picture, so we had to photoshop the colors you see here off of her shirt. This was the rough draft.



A VERY short clip of Makenna's program



Makenna's first piano recital


Tayler's preschool Christmas Program.



TEAM BLOXHAM


Our bowls of popcorn and cranberried just waiting for us to string them (or just eat the popcorn).



Our little Bailey just excited to be around watching and eating the popcorn (and a few cranberries).


The family stringing popcorn and cranberries to hang on our trees outside. I think Makenna poked her finger right as the picture was being taken.


December has snuck up on us so fast. We have all been very busy and now it is 2 days till Christmas. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! So here is the happenings of our December.


  • The girls and I made 250 regular sized gingerbread men for our ward party. Our primary was in charge of the bakery. It was a bit crazy doing it but I think it was a good experience for me and the girls.
  • Berek's football team finally had their team party. It was lots of fun to see all the kids and the parents again. Our family has all really enjoyed football this year, and the team Berek plays for is wonderful. The kids are great, the coaches are great, it just has been a good year.
  • Makenna was Mrs. Santa Claus in her 3 rd grade play "40 Winks 'til Christmas". We will try to load a clip of her soon.
  • Makenna had her first piano recital. She has been playing since the first part of October and is doing quite well. She played beautifully and we were all so proud of her.
  • Tayler's preschool had a little Christmas program for the parents. They sang us 4 songs and did a little dancing with it. It was so cute. Nothing like 9 girls and 1 boy, sounds similar to her primary class.
  • Delivered tons of treats to all of our friends and neighbors. Another fun Christmas tradition. Hopefully no one ended up with food poisoning :)
  • The kids and I volunteered at the Salvation Army helping to hand out gifts from the Adopt a Family program. It is a very neat experience and makes us so very grateful and feel very blessed for all we have. The kids enjoy it and have asked every year about going back. Makenna was even in the paper this year for it.
  • Took pictures for the family Christmas cards and sent them to everyone that doesn't live in a 30 mile radius of us.
  • Jared took the kids snow boarding for the first time this year at White Pass. They loved it. They said the snow was fresh and perfect. Bailey, Tayler, and I stayed home and made cookies.
  • Our family, minus Bailey because of the cold, did the Cable Bridge Run. We all signed up for the mile. Berek ran with his friend, Jared and the two girls ran together, and I decided to go for the 5k and I did it. It made me proud. We saw lots of our friends there too. It was great.
  • Now that leads us to tonight. We decided to string popcorn and cranberries. No reason, just for fun. And it was.
It has been very busy month with the ward, friend, and company parties, lots of shopping, and getting everything together, but it has all been fun and well worth it. So here is our December in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Koch Clan said...

Wow busy Bloxham's!!! Loved all the pictures. Way to go Marianne doing a 5k. I need to get my butt in shape and maybe this summer if we come up you and I can do one together. Way to volunteer, we need to do that and I loved, loved, loved the Christmas pic. Merry Christmas and we will call you tomorrow!