Thursday, March 12, 2009

WICKED

Last Friday we took the train to Portland with Jared's office. We all met up at the Amtrak in Pasco at 5:30 am. Wow was that hard. For the next 4 1/2 hours we played games. It was so fun plus this was my first time on a train. Once we hit Portland we rented some BIG vans, checked into our hotel, and did a little shopping.
That night everyone got dressed up. It was fun to see everyone in their beautiful dresses. I don't get may chances to dress up like that, I'm a big shirt and skirt girl so it was fun. We ate at Macaroni Grill and went to see WICKED, the highlight of our trip. I LOVED IT. I have never been to a show like this before. My idea of a show was at the movie theatre. It was so entertaining, so funny, so......WOW! I now have a love for the wicked witch. She rocks! I am definitely a changed woman, Nicole and Meg, you should be proud. There is hope for me. If you ever get a chance to see this.....you must.
The next morning we headed for the malls and the outlets. Jared and I ate lunch at the CHEESECAKE FACTORY mmmmmmm. And then back it was to the train and more gaming. What a trip. It was fun but I have to say, I was happy to get home to the kids. 2 days is a perfect little trip. Jared getting excited about the FULL day of shopping :)

Dinner before the show

Our train ride there....the ladies of Creekside

2 comments:

libbie said...

F.U.N.

J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

Next time . . . take me!

Burrups said...

Sounds so fun!! Glad you got to get away for a bit.