Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Woman to Woman "Share and important quote and what it means to you."

My most favorite quote is one everyone has heard of before, I'm sure, and is on my blog above our family pictures. "Life is not about how many breaths you take, but about the moments that take your breath away." I'm not much of a deep thinker. I feel I'm a pretty simple person so here is my take on my favorite quote.

I think too many times we go through life doing everything we think we need to get done. Then life quickly passes us by and we miss out on so much. The days I stop an look and listen to what is going on around me, my breath is taken away, by laughter, surprise, or complete happiness.
My kids are a big one of these moments. A day doesn't go by that they don't make me laugh about something. From Baby Bailey all the way up to my Berek, there is a sense of humor I love. They are so smart. My life would be very empty without them. So many moments in my life where I was so sad, my kids were here and made it all better. Yep, Moms are not the only ones that can make boo boos better, kids are wonderful at that too. My kids take my breath away daily. I am so blessed and lucky that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to raise such special little spirits. I love them!!!
Jared-you take my breath away. You are my sweetheart. My biggest love. Every moment with you is so fun and wonderful. You make me laugh harder than anyone I know. And you have taught me not to take life so serious, to have a little bit of good fun. Maybe that is why I love this quote so much now. You have taught me to love and remember the moments that take my breath away. I love you forever!!!
Now my brothers and sisters. I become a kid again when I am with them. Sometimes that is good, others it's kind of scary. We have great memories. I love them! They are such fun people to be around. We have been through a lot as a family and have come out on top. Through everything I've learned to appreciate all the little moments we have. I love seeing all of you and visiting.
Life is great. We have our daily to do, and sometimes it seems like the same routine over and over. But if we look a little closer, we will get to see the moments that can take our breath away, then we become refreshed and can tackle anything that comes our way.

Join in and read others! Leave your link at
Lei and Morning Glory's blogs!

9 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Marianne, I loved that and I totally needed to read it. Today was rough! Your kids are so fun and so is Jared. I love when you and Rob get together and tell stories of the "good old days." We are always laughing when we are with you guys!

Gran said...

What a beautiful quote and I love your words of inspiration. Our children can make all of the difference in the world, in how we respond to a situation either by laughing or crying. They always give us that special touch we need at the exact time we need it. It is God's LOVE through our husbands,children, friends,anyone that we come in contact with during any given moment. It's those moments that take our breath away, that gives us the strength to carry on through each day of our life.

Have a wonderful evening!
http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/06/woman-to-woman-quote-day.html
Angela

Dee Light said...

Love the quote, and your out look!!

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great quote! Life can be too taken up by the mundane if we aren't careful to look for the wonderful!

Lee said...

YAY!!! You joined in! This is done every two weeks!
I love this quote.. and I love this post. You are so happy and truly an inspiration of being kind and just wonderful. I love it!

Susan said...

Great quote and oh so true. My first time to your site. Love your header picture!!!
Susan

Lei said...

This was very sweet. A good reminder that life should not be one big "to do" list!

someone else said...

I truly love and cherish the moments that take my breath away. This was just a precious read. Thanks for letting us inside a little bit.

EarlGirl said...

Moments that take your breath away- I like that thought. If you're looking for them they leap out at you all the time, but if you're not, life just seems to drone on. Good thoughts!