Okay, maybe not exercise itself, but the machines definitely can if not used for the right purpose. For the last few months we have had to tell Makenna, Tayler, and her friends not to play with the exercise equipment in the garage. Don't they know it really is not a fun thing to do?!? The favorite has been this pull-up/chin-up you name in contraption. It has an assist that is held by bands to give a little bit of support but still make you put forth a good effort. Now back to the story. The kids like to sit on the assist and bounce. They have been told over and over how bad they could get hurt if it fell. Well yesterday I was out in the garage cutting and routing wood for teacher gifts and all of a sudden, over all my noise, I heard Tayler screaming Mom. I looked up and she ran in the house. I dropped everything and started inside when I saw the assist swinging. Someone got hurt! I ran in and saw blood coming down Tay's mouth and chin. Quit a bit of blood. I wiped it off and then looked inside her mouth. No teeth missing, then the lip. OUCH! She really did a job on that. The pictures do not give it justice. We quickly left to Jared's office to see about stitches. Dad looked at it and said there wasn't a way to stitch it without it tearing through---she hamburgered herself well. He took a face x-ray. It looked okay. So off we went home and she took a nap. By evening my tiny Tayler had a stunning double chin and chipmunk cheeks. Her face is pretty swollen. It hurts her to open her mouth to eat or talk. She stayed home from school today to give it a little healing time....field day at school is tomorrow and she doesn't want to miss that.
Picture doesn't do it justice.

5 comments:
It's so sad but she looks so funny in that last picture...i had to laugh! Hope she's feeling better today :)
Poor thing!! Ouch!
Oh poor Tayler!! That looks like it really hurts!!
OUCH!!!
Ouch! That must have hurt really bad, poor Tyler.
Post a Comment