The weather has been wonderful here. It has been in the 80's for 2 weeks. About 3 weeks ago Tayler and Makenna talked to me about wanting to have a garden this year. We don't have a lot of room in our yard so I really didn't want to dig up any grass to do this. I asked them what they wanted to plant. Makenna wanted to plant tomatoes, even though she would never in a million years eat one, and Tayler wanted carrots. Bailey decided on pumpkins and a little herb garden that is in the house. We added a strawberry plant to that. So.....off I went to Lowe's to buy some wood to make planter boxes. I measured, cut, added a little wood glue, screws, and brad nails. When the girls got home I surprised them with their boxes, seeds, and plants. They planted their little garden. It is so exciting now to see that the tomato plants have doubled in size and our carrots and pumpkin seeds have now sprouted out of the soil. Now we just have to make sure Bailey doesn't pick them too soon.
Makenna's tomatoes
Little hairs that are hard to see are our carrots.
PUMPKINS
Bailey's herbs

3 comments:
The garden is awesome!! Cute swimming pictures too. I am impressed with the boxes you made.
That is so cool that you made the boxes. THey were even painted and cute. You are so talented with the saw marianne! Jude really wants to sweep your floor. I can tell. The kids are so cute. Have fun with baseball!
Cute cute and more cute!
Post a Comment