Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 4th











Finally a July post from our vacation. July has been a bit crazy for us so far and is not going to mellow one bit. Between baseball and trips-there is not one free day. The girls and I are getting ready for yet another trip to see a new baby in our family due anytime. Next week is our big week to go see him. Now for our fun.
We went to Idaho/Utah the week of the 4th, leaving Tuesday night after football registration (yep, another sport is about to begin). We drove half way to Boise and then on Wed morning (Day #1)drove to Utah to hit LAGOON. We met my brothers and sisters and their families there. Our first ride we did was the sky coaster where they put you in a harness lift you up ????? ft and drop you. EVERYONE did it which is a total shock to me. What crazy fun we had that day. The kids loved every minute.
Day #2 We stayed the night at my sisters in Idaho and on Thurs. the kids all did Tie Dyed t-shirts. What a fun mess that was. We all had gloves and the kids did pretty well but my sister in law and I seemed to get the most dye on us. ???got me???? The kids then proceeded to play in the water, sword fight, and then go out to my brothers house to ride my nieces horse.
Day #3 We had a family reunion on that day so we ended up staying the night (thurs) at Jared's parents. The kids camped out in the camper with grandma, played hide and seek in the dark, and drank lots of sugary pop--needed energy for the hide and seek. The family reunion was lots of fun, we even started a little game of our own playing baseball. After the reunion we went back up to my sisters to go get our fireworks, lite them off, and then went to the big show. We parked in a parking lot not far from the "spot"everyone goes to watch. This way we miss all the traffic.
Day #4 Jared went riding dirt bikes (motorcycles) with my bro in law and nephew. As usual, there ended the trip with a visit to the ER for my nephew---this is nothing new. When they got back from that we went to a movie and headed home, or at least to the half way point.
Thank you Mrs. Brandi Koch for the awesome pictures :)

5 comments:

Koch Clan said...

It was a fun trip. For the most part... right? It was great though to see everyone. I am so excited to see little benson/gaige soon. You have to take over Andra'a blog so that we get lots of pics of the new addition.

EarlGirl said...

I'm glad to see you had fun while you were gone, but we still missed you here!

yennu said...

What a fun 4th weekend. I love the swing at Lagoon, it's my favorite ride. I'm glad to hear you have returned to the great Northwest. I can't wait to see you and catch up on all the happenings of July :) See you next week.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

What a blast!I haven't been to Lagoon in years.
I can't wait to hear your stories and I miss seeing your face!

libbie said...

Sounds like lots of fun!