Thursday, April 24, 2008

HELP!!!


I seem to forget how kids are when they get around the age of 2. I don't think any of my kids were as busy as this last one though. She is into everything....as one mess gets fixed/cleaned, another has begun. Which leads me to today.......
I took the older kids to school and then Tayler to preschool. By 9:00 Bailey and I were at Wal-Mart, picking up prescriptions and some groceries. That all went well, surprise!
We got home, put away the groceries, and started folding laundry YEAH! Out walks Bailey from my room holding a little silver package!
AAAAHHHHHH! She was eating AND enjoying my birth control pills. I keep them in the back of the drawer in my night stand. I have no idea how she was able to get them....I guess that always is the surprise.
There was 6 missing so I hurried and called Jared to see if I should call her Dr. or what. He told me to call poison control so I did. As I was talking to them I was looking through the carpet to see if I could find anymore evidence. Thankfully, she only ate 3 and the poison control said that they are on the safer side of all the b-pills. He said she might vomit (she didn't) and feel a little sick at her stomach (not at all). So the good news is she won't get pregnant HAHAHAHA!
This is my official first contact with poison control. 4 Kids and almost 11 years having them and it had to be kid #4 to break our winning streak.
(P.S. I have to add, while I was talking to the wonderful poison control man, she was in Berek's room ripping everything out of all of his cubby holes onto the floor. No reason, just being Bailey.)

5 comments:

Koch Clan said...

I am so glad you posted about this. I was dying when you told me that. I told ROb and he laughed so hard when I told him that you said that at least Baily won't get pregnant! So funny. By the way I forgot to tell you that around Christmas Sibley came downstairs with my fingernail polish remover. I smelled her breath and she had obviously sipped some of it. Luckily it was almost gone but I still called Poison control. They are very nice and said the same thing that she might get sick and she never did. It must be a Koch thing!!

libbie said...

okay, I am so retarded, it took me like 10 tries to find you blog! But here I am at last. And I am not sure if I should be laughing so hard at this post, but it is HILARIOUS COMEDY ! Especially the part about her not getting pregnant! I feel your pain. I have this kid called Ava who is a turkey just like this. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news . . . . but you can pretty much count on it getting worse. At least they give you plenty to laugh about (if you can find the time to laugh in between the "furious" and "defeated" times of the day)! Good luck! Oh, and don't forget you are joining the Realife family on May 3. I bet you can hardly wait:).

EarlGirl said...

Oh, that is hilarious! Yeah, I'm so glad you were brave enough to blog about it.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I have a good friend for your little explorer. I thought her older brother was a challenge... We could have a contest to see who calls poison control the most before they hit 4.

Kristen said...

You give your two year-old birth control? I know I'm not in a position to give parenting advice.. but geez marianne...