On Wednesday afternoon we packed up our Yukon and headed off to Idaho for Thanksgiving. We stayed over night in Boise, our kids are not real good lasting 9 hours straight in the car even when they have movies t0 watch. That night Jared and I got no sleep at all. You see, by the time we were there, Bailey was all ready to play so she didn't get to sleep till late, then when there was finally a chance for sleep our sweet Berek snored all night!
Thanksgiving morning we got up at 6:30 (5:30 our time), I ran, then we all got ready, ate breakfast and continued on our journey. We reached Jared's parents about 12:15. A few hours later we ate. It was real yummy of course. Then it was time to search the sale ads. What a disappointment this year. No real good sales. Nothing I absolutely needed. It was depressing.
Later that evening we met with my family at my sisters house. It was time for pies. she bakes like crazy. Her plan was to make a pie for everyone-each of our favorites. I told her to make anything she wanted for us, we'd eat anything and I really didn't want a pie all to myself====I didn't need it or the guilt.
That night we stayed at my sis house. The plan was that everyone would meet us there and then we would leave at 4:00 am. RIGHT!!!! I stayed up all night and they all dogged me. Can you believe it. Even though there was nothing I wanted, it is tradition and I don't break tradition (GUILT TO ALL OF YOU) So here I am, wide awake, and nothing to do. Oh and I forgot to add that Tayler and Bailey both were coughing all night--yep they were getting a nasty cold.
We'll my nephew redeemed himself by taking us to Lake Channel to ride motorcycles and 4 wheelers. There is no lake there, just sand, hills, rocks, and dirt. Way fun though. We got lots of good pics.
Saturday was not as fun. Bailey started to get real sick and by 3:00 we were in the Emergency room. She had a high fever and was not breathing well. Finally after 3 hours they gave her a strong steroid and put her in a room on the pediatric floor for monitoring. Finally 6 hours after that, she was breathing much better so they let us go home.
Finally on Sunday we left for our long 9 hour trip home--and it was long. I now remember why we don't go many places that take more than 3 hours to get there. Were glad to be home and finally today I can say Bailey is doing much better. I'm not sure if I would repeat this Thanksgiving but we did enjoy seeing everyone and hanging out with them. Thank you everyone that helped out!!! We love you and miss you.
Here are some pictures of the highlight of our trip.



3 comments:
Holy cow. No sleep, your baby in the hospital, waking up at 4am and everyone dogging you? You poor thing!
Great pictures!! I hope that Bailey is doing better. It is no fun having a sick kid. Glad you are home. And I can't believe no one went shoppign with you. I was up before 4!
Whoa! That sounds like a little bit of fun and a lot of not so much fun! How scary about Baily...so glad to hear she's doing better.
Post a Comment