Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving at it's best!







We were a little bit behind this year. Usually I have costumes and costume bought by the first week of Oct. This year I wasn't as smooth. It wasn't until yesterday that the kids were able to get their costumes. Wal-Mart was out of pumpkins so luckily Yokes had plenty left.


We carved our pumpkins last night. Since the little girls (that includes me) can't use sharp objects yet, we had Mrs. Potatoe head parts for pumpkins. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. So Tayler and Bailey did their pumkins by themselves with a little help from me poking the holes.


It was lots of fun and they all turned out pretty awesome. Berek and Makenna did their own, all by themselves this year. Usually Jared and I help them out a little but they wanted none of that this year. Berek did the RIP tombstone with a ghost, Makenna did the cat with a moon, and Jared did one to win his little princess,Tayler's, heart-Cindrella. I loved it. He is definately the artist in this family.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Those look great! We need to get ours done tonight. this month has FLOWN by!!!!

Koch Clan said...

I love the pumpkins! I wish I would have bought the potato head pieces. I saw them once and it would have been so cool. I love how yours turned out. We just did ours last night. I also love the previous post and Makenna looked so cute in her dress.

The Johnson's said...

This has absolutly nothing to do with pumpkin carving, but awesome job with the program Sunday. Boy, those kids can sing! You all should be very proud...and very relieved!

My Three Sons said...

Awesome artistry Jared! You were right Marianne...the one does looke exactly like Cindarella! We'll have to take pumpkin carving lessons from you guys!

Randy said...

Here there kiddo. the pumpkins wer great. the house had a very halloweenie feel. thanks for show up the neighbors. :)

Lee said...

Umm.. you haven't blogged in a while. What's up with that! lol. :)