Today my sweet Makenna was baptized. I can't believe she is eight. She is such a sweet girl and it was such a nice day. We invited a non member friend of ours and were so happy and excited that she came to share the day with us. There were four kids in all that were baptized. Her Aunt Kathy was able to speak on baptism. I loved her talk. It was for the little kids and it was perfect. Makenna was so excited to be baptized and I really feel she took in every moment. She was able to wear the dress Aunt Kath made her for the Miss Tri City program. Again she looked like an angel. We decided to have her comfirmed today while all of our family was here. It was so nice to have such a large group of family here. It was definately a blessing for us. I know Makenna felt very important because of it. After everything was done we all met at the park, had a picnic, and played a little football & basketball. I was so proud of her when we got home to see her writing about it in her journal so that she would remember how she felt and thought. What a wonderful day. What a wonderful spirit Makenna is to us. We are so blessed to have her as our daughter. She has such great love for people and is an all around sweetheart. I am sad the day is over, but there will be more to come. I will post some pictures of her soon (I forgot my camera and had to borrow one).
Thank you to all the friends and family that came and called. It ment a lot to us and Makenna that you all took the time out of your day to think of her. We love you for it.
Difficult people
10 years ago

3 comments:
Makenna was just glowing. It was such a great moment. And I love how sweetly you talked about her. It was so touching.
Congrats Makenna! We are so proud of you and wish we were there.
Hooray for Makenna! We loved being there and thought Makenna looked beautiful. What a special day. I am SO sorry all the pics of her day were lost with our camera being stolen. I wish the stinking theif would have at least left us our memory card. Some people have no conscience!
Post a Comment