Sunday, October 21, 2007

THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

Sunday at 10:30 am, Jared and I left for the airport for our very first trip in 12 years-alone! We were going to the "Happiest place on Earth", Disney World. My sister, Andra flew here from Chicago Saturday afternoon for Makenna's baptism and then as awesome as she is, stayed to take care of the kids while we went on vacation. I never could have gone without her here watching the kids.

So we said good-bye to the kids at church and off we went. I have to admit, I cried when we left. I couldn't imagine not seeing the kids till Friday night-late night. The flight wasn't bad, we got to watch TV the whole way, makes the time go by quicker. We finally arrived in Orlando at 11:00 pm (8:00 here). A bus from Disney picked us up and took us to our resort (that's what they call them, I call them hotels). Later they brought our baggage right to our room, we didn't have to even worry about the baggage claim. We got our room key, not only was it our room key but our tickets to all the parks and charge so at the end of our stay we only had one payment to make not fifty to keep track of. I loved that.

Our first day we went to Magic Kingdom. That is the little kid paradise. We loved it too. My favorite ride there was Pirates of the Carribean. We spent the whole day there, going non stop till around 8:00 that night we sat for the light parade and then right after that, the coolest firework show. It is definately a magical place for adults too. We felt like kids again.

Day 2 was spent at Epcot. Now this place is cool. I loved going around to the area that they have spots for all different countries (can't remember the name) We ate in Japan and after picked a few oysters out of a aquarium. They then popped them open and there was our pearls. It was so cool, fun, neat, I loved it. I got a blue and white pearl that Jared hade made into a necklace for me. We liked the idea so much, that we picked thier pearls, that we did it for each of the girls. Their first pearl necklace. How lucky are they, I waited till I was 32 for mine. I loved Mexico too. They had some fun shopping there. Everything from each area was from that country so I was excited to bring the kids home a few things from there too. We tried a few rides in Epcot too. My least favorite was Mission Space. I have NEVER in my whole life gotten sick on a ride. I guess there is a first time for everything. They warned when you got on the ride if you have motion sickness, heart problems, yadda yadda, to go on the MILDER ride. We thought we were safe so we loaded on our ship. As soon as we blasted off, my stomache got queezy. After about a minute, I reached for the barf bag located in front of every seat. Might I add, this is the ONLY ride in all of Disney World with vomit bags on it. I did not vomit, tho9ugh there was much dry heeving. Jared came off the ride a bit sick too, looking around for the nearest garbage can, just in case. That night we ate at the very first Planet Hollywood and then after went to La Nouba, Cirque du Soliel. That was so neat. I have never been or seen anything like this show. It was the best thing we did there. I recommend this if you ever get a chance.

Day 3- MGM studios. This was a fun park. Lots of good rides, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and quite a few fun events to see. The Rockin Rollercoaster was our favorite there. It was an indoor rolllercoaster that was pitch black but had the black lighting. There were cork screws, loops, you name it. It was the best. We hurried off from that to go to a show called lights, motor, action where they had stunt cars and motorcycles putting on a show. Very exciting. That night we went to the most hilarious comedy show. It was alot like Who's Lin Is It Anyway. Very funny, and even clean jokes.

Day 4- Wild Animal Park.This was okay, definately more for the kids. We spent only a half of day here and then went back to Epcot. We didn't get spend as much time as we wanted to there because we had the Cirque show. They had a wonderful firework show there also.
Everything was so fun. A lot of people were surprised we were going there, of all places, without the kids. Why not?. I felt we were able to enjoy every minute, and take our time. It was so great spending time with Jared. And you know what the very best thing was.....holding hands all day everyday. It was like we were dating again. Yes, we missed the kids and thought of them alot but every moment was wonderful. I can't even explain. (I know, I'm getting a bit too mushy)

Day 5 was spend shopping and catching a plane. We had a delay in SLC which drove me crazy. I wanted to see my kids. We came home to a WELCOME HOME sign and kids waiting for us.

Thank you Andra, for making it possible for us to go. You are a wonderful sister and I love you so much. I don't think you'll ever know how much I appreciate all you do for me, just because.
Thank you Jared, for the wonderful second honeymoon. I loved it and love you so very much. I never had a boring moment with you. You made me laugh harder and more than I have in a long time.

4 comments:

Lee said...

That sounds like a great trip! I am glad you went and had fun. Are you going to go again without kids? I am so excited for you. I want to do it!!

My Three Sons said...

I am so glad you had fun despite your anxiety over leaving the kids!They couldn't have been in better hands! Maybe next time Vern and I will tag along (how fun would that be?) Anyway...thanks for your constant friendship and support... you are awesome!

Willis Family said...

Jared----Marianne didn't say why you had her laughing more than she laughed in a long time...
Hmmm....hmmm....hmmm....hmmm....
Starts with a 'B'...rhymes with 'anana'...Starts with an 'H' rhymes with 'ammock'....
NEED I SAY MORE :)

love you jared :)

Willis Family said...

One more comment. The kids were great! Me and Berek had so much fun playin' guitar Hero...he rocks at it! He's a good singer too. I'd do it again any time...as long as Marianne has someone constantly picking up the kids for me! She's amazing and it would've been harder if she didn't have everything already arranged for them. I'm so glad they had fun!