With school back in force, football starting, and now adding gymnastics to the mix, I have put off for too long posting the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"'s for my two oldest.
Berek was happy to have his birthday fall on a Monday this year, Labor Day, which meant no school. He thought it was pretty cool that not only did it fall on Labor Day, but he was born on Labor Day also and his dad was on the news for the first Labor Day baby (the news must have been pretty desperate that day). We celebrated with a few of his friends on the Saturday before by going to a movie, so on his actual birthday we went boating. It wasn't the best of weather but it was still fun. He turned a WHOPPING 11 this year. Do they ever stop?!?! He is definitely turning into our little man even down to the smelly pits. We love him anyway.
Now for my little lady Makenna. Her birthday fell just 2 days after Berek's and she turned a beautiful 9. She wanted to skip school but that was not a possibility. I reminded her it was early release though. After school we picked her up and headed to SONIC for slushies during happy hour. I LOVE HAPPY HOUR. She had her favorite for dinner, corn on the cob, and then we busted into the cake. Friday was her big celebration. She chose going to the movies with some friends also and it just so happened we had the theatre all to ourselves. The girls loved it and I loved it because I didn't have to worry about being kicked out. She is definitely our little mother in our family and we'd be lost without her. We love you MAC.

4 comments:
Love the kids. Cute pictures. The cakes are cool too. We are obsessed with happy hour. We love it too. I will get Rob and I slushes for the night time and just freeze them. Rob really wants to see the tape of Jared again.
You have the neatest kids. It looks like they had great birthdays.
Will you please throw MY birthday party? I really don't think I'm asking a lot.
the cakes look sooo yummy! we can't wait to see you guys-thanks for the fun stuff you sent too!;o)
Post a Comment