Berek thinking he wants to be a stripper someday
Waiting in line to go back up hill.
Loading on the "MAGIC CARPET"
It was quite a fun weekend. Only a few little bumps and bruises with all of us :) It is always hard to come back to reality after a fun weekend with the family. We left on Thursday night right after Jared got home from work. Friday morning we got up early and got ready for our exciting day. Bailey was going to be in the child care there, which was awesome!!! Tayler was in the kinder camp which was child care plus 2-2 hour lessons, one in the morning and one after lunch. She loved it. I had a two hour private lesson, was awesome. I think I got more in that two hours then I would of all day with a class. Plus she kicked me into gear and made me do things that I would have been chicken to if Jared was teaching me (only cause he would let me get away with it) Jared, Berek, and Makenna just hit the hill. They are so fun to watch---someday maybe I will be almost as good as my kids.
Tayler did awesome. She is a natural no fear in that kid. She would just go down the hill no problem. She had two days of the kindercamp so her last day we got her an hour of private lessons and she went all the way down the larger hill and rode the lift up, didn't even fall getting off the lift. What a girl.
On day two I practiced what I had learned and finally got down linking the hill side, toe side. I was so excited I almost cried (seriously) I think Jared and Makenna almost did too. They saw me as they were going up the lift and wanted to cheer for me but was afraid it would distract me and I would crash, and I probably would have. This was a huge accomplishment for me. I have a problem of giving up too soon thinking I can't do it. With lots of encouragement from Jared and the kids, they just kept me going even when I was being a scaredy pants. LOVE YA"LL
Saturday night we watched fireworks from the balcony of the room. They were so fun!! Right after that the kids and I went soaking int the hot tubs while Jared put Bailey to sleep. Berek needed it badly. He hurt his tail bone while getting off the lift. (long story but I think the lift chair hit him on his way off) He asked if he could go to the bum store and buy a new one since he thought he broke his.
We all loved the weekend. It was fun learning along with Tayler. I even rode the magic carpet and Tayler cheered for me :) So family, you must of prayed or something cause I didn't die, and Andra, I am not in a wheel chair with a colostomy bag hanging out my side. Oh ye of little faith (in me).

6 comments:
Fun! Hopefully soon we can join you guys! Although none of us can ski. Well, Rob can but it has been so long. I think Gabe would enjoy it too. I would like the hot tub and food! Way to go Marianne! Cool pics too. I loved seeing Tay and her little skis. And tell Berek and Makenna that they rock!
That sounds like an amazing trip! Good job for being so brave and pushing yourself.
How fun! That's one of my dreams....to someday hit the slopes with all my boys. Aaron's a rockin' skier and I want him to teach my boys...oh yea, and me!
I twice went skiing. It was a trainwreck both times. So, this makes me a bit jealous. But, you know, whatev.
We went yesterday.. hopefully we will take the kids next time.
Tayler you rock squirt!! You're doing awesome and Berek....someday you'll be able to inherit the stripper business from your parents. Patience my son :) So when you gonna get us up there hmmm?...I'll just ask Jared. He likes me more :) Great pics guys!
Post a Comment